Experienced Criminal Law Defense Representation
At the law firm of Christopher E. Mohney, Esquire, in DuBois, Pennsylvania, our goal is to protect people from the short- and long-term consequences of criminal charges. The following are examples of the types of cases we handle:
- Expungements: Past mistakes that happened years ago can haunt a person who is trying to obtain employment, admission to school, or in a host of other circumstances. Some criminal convictions are eligible to be expunged, or removed from a criminal history, upon proper application to a court of competent jurisdiction. Pennsylvania now also permits certain low-grade misdemeanor records to be placed under seal.
- DUI: The consequences of a drunk driving arrest are very serious in Pennsylvania. You may face incarceration, loss of your driver’s license for a period of time, substantial fines, and higher insurance rates. Your employment may even be at risk.
- Drug crimes: If you are a college student, a drug conviction may cause you to lose eligibility for student loans. It could result in incarceration. Like all criminal convictions, a drug crime conviction will have other collateral consequences depending on your specific life situation.
- Weapons offenses: Many gun crimes carry mandatory jail terms in Pennsylvania.
- Game violations: Hunting violations such as poaching and trespassing can have serious consequences in Pennsylvania.
- Theft, robbery and burglary: Theft-related crimes are crimes of dishonesty. Since employers routinely conduct background checks of prospective employees, a theft conviction can make it difficult to find a job in the future.
- Simple assault and aggravated assault charges: No one would want a conviction for assault on his or her permanent record. Apart from what could be a lengthy period of incarceration, that is exactly what can happen if you are charged with an assault charge following a bar fight or other altercation.
When you hire me, your case will be handled from the beginning to end by me. I will work to protect your rights at every stage of your case.
Contact Criminal Defense Lawyer Christopher E. Mohney
If you’ve been charged with a crime, make your next decision the right one: contact criminal law attorney Christopher E. Mohney at 814-983-0009. Serving clients throughout the counties of central and western Pennsylvania. Evening and weekend appointments are available.